So… you’re going to conference. If you’re anything like the three of us, you’ve now waited until the night before you leave to pack for the weekend. If you’re anything like Carol, you’re stressed about this. Here you will find an (almost) comprehensive list of everything you should pack for you exciting weekend getaway to the great land of debate.
- Underwear! As a life rule, always bring more pairs than you think you’re going to need.
- Depending on the number of days of the conference, at least one business formal outfit for each day. Carol sometimes brings five, but that’s because she’s indecisive and changes her mind constantly.
- A casual pair of pants
- A few casual tops for non-committee events
- Comfortable clothes for sleeping in
- Business professional shoes to match your committee outfits
- Comfortable shoes for when your feet start hurting
- Ties, if that applies to you
- Belts, also if that applies to you
- A coat if it’s going to be cold
- A legal pad for writing notes
- A padfolio if you’re like us and like to look important
- Multiple pens or pencils because you will definitely lose some
- A stapler so you can be *that delegate* with the stapler when someone needs it
- A toothbrush
- Makeup (if you wear it)
- Face wash
- A hairbrush
- Whatever hair products you may need
- Multiple hair ties to tie up your hair during lively debate and since people always need them
- A speaker to blast your chosen conference playlist while you get ready
- A water bottle (if you’re like Kyla and Casey and carry one around at all times like it’s your child, or if you’re like Carol and lose one almost every conference)
- A bang-up attitude and some moxie!
Good luck and god-speed!